Pages

Thursday 18 October 2018

Spoken Word

Stereotype -People being mean to different races and treating other people from other cultures different. Bred in South Auckland By Glenn Colqhoun Maori-”My cars broken apart” “I eat to much Fried bread” Palagi-”I listen to talkback radio” “I went to University” Asian -”I eat to much noodles” “I took one Lesson of Kung Fu” Island-”I swore to much in Samoan” when i was little”. “ I went to otara Flea Markets. Honorable Mention. Black people. “I wear branded clothes to look cool” “when i was young i was poor” Spanish. “ i started drinking at a young age” “Where have a lot of money” Palagi Palagi-”I listen to talkback radio” “I went to University” Asian Asian -”I eat to much noodles” “I took one Lesson of Kung Fu” Maori Maori-”My cars broken apart” “I eat to much Fried bread” Pacifica Island-”I swore to much in Samoan” when i was little I went to otara Flea Markets:”. What makes me a typical Tongan? Eat to much. Talk and swear to much. Have anger issues. Has many talents. What’s it all about? Answer the following questions as full sentences that include the question. What is a mongrel and why has the poet used it in the poem? A mongrel is a dog. He's telling us that people around south Auckland go running around and being crazy. Do you think the post agrees with the stereotypes? Yes. Because he's explaining to the readers how the world is going right now and telling us how we treat other races. What is the poem about (what is its theme)? Stereotypes and cultures. He's telling us how other culture act. Is it better to have an identity individually or as part of a group? (This may take a paragraph to answer it fully) I would want to show it individually because it's part of culture to show pride and respect. I’d Rather Be I’d rather be Hot then cold. I’d rather be higher than low. I’d rather be independent then being controlled. I’d give than stealing gold. I’d rather be Hot then Gold. Danger. Blue are violet and Red are Rose. I can dance and show you my pose. Eating peanut butter while touching my toes. I love my brothers and sisters imma show them whats up. Negative is not the answer no more holocaust. But surely my loyalty will not come to debate ,imma show all dem haters ,cause haters gon hate. Cause we positive and negative when something's really bad we all brothers and sisters no determination no more being mad. Don't be jealous so stop the stereotyping black and white people should stop the bad stop sniping. At a time in your life you would go to past. Live your life people are going real fast. Just because i'm different. Doesn't mean that im bad. Doesn't mean that i look mad. And doesn’t mean that i'm a person that steals from people's bags. Just because i’m different. Doesn’t mean that i’m poor. Doesn't mean that i look like a person knocking on peoples door. Doesn't mean that i'm your enemy. And doesn’t mean that i can't look for a job. Just because i'm different. Doesn't mean that im Maori Doesn’t mean that i like Kapa haka And does not mean that i have a lot of family Just because i'm different Just because i'm different. Doesn't mean that im bad. Doesn't mean that i look mad. And doesn’t mean that im a thief. Just because i’m different. I’d rather be Hot then cold. I’d rather be higher than low. I’d rather be independent then being controlled. I’d give than stealing gold. I’d rather be Hot then Gold. I love my brothers and sisters imma show them whats up. Negative is not the answer no more holocaust. But surely my loyalty will not come to debate ,imma show all dem haters ,cause haters gon hate. Cause we positive and negative when something's really bad we all brothers and sisters no determination no more being mad. Don't be jealous so stop the stereotyping black everyone is equal no more judging At a time in your life you would go to past. Live your life people are going to fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment